Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases, we may experience borders to the USA closing and travel to the USA become restricted. Thus, the Board of Directors has made the decision to waive the internal exchange fee for our International Owners and allow them to internally exchange through the end of 2022.
Owners must pay their 2021 & 2022 Maintenance fees on time and must always remain current in order to take advantage of this stipulation.
We also understand that Covid-19 is continuing to increase in the US as well. As we move forward, should our states issue any kind of Travel Restrictions, we will be addressing those as they arise on a case by case scenario.
We look forward to welcoming all our owners back, we have exciting changes going on at the resort. The Tiki Bar has finally gotten city permission to proceed, the Deli should have the storefront installed in the next 2 to 3 weeks, and then we will be proceeding with the inside. We are also doing several projects on the pool deck which if you take a look at the Beach Cam on the website you will be able to see thar the shuffleboard is being removed as I write this, the kiddie pool will also be removed soon to make way for the new Splash Pad with its own filtration system, the old Hot tub is being removed to make way for a modern, larger Spa Area with an Outdoor Kitchen and a new larger built in Firepit.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Shawnetta in Owner Services or Rebeka in Reservations. You can always reach me at extension 105 or Jennifer at extension 123.
Stay Safe, Have a blessed day!
To our Maverick Owners,
As all of you know the impact of Covid-19 has been felt by all of us and has affected how we go about our daily lives. We all must make decisions daily, that we didn’t think twice about 4 months ago to make sure we are keeping our family safe.
The Maverick is no different, and the Maverick family is no different. As the resort Manager I am looking at our policies daily to adjust and make changes to ensure the safety of our staff and Owners and guest on property. The last thing the board wants to do is shut down the resort due to someone on property getting sick and possibly spreading the virus.
Last night, June 24th 2020, the board made the decision to temporarily suspend the Day-use Policy. This is effective immediately and will be suspended through August.
As you know Florida is experiencing a rapid escalation in positive cases and are reporting new records daily. Volusia county is seeing the same increases, which have gone from a less than 5% positive rate to over 15% in the last 2 weeks. On top of this the median age has dropped dramatically with 30 to 40 years old having the highest number of positive cases.
This is not something the board wanted to do, however out of an abundance of caution for everyone feel this is the best decision for now. If things do start to show improvements earlier, then it will be re-evaluated, and we will open this owner perk as soon as possible.
As always, that you for your understanding as we all work through this.
Stay Safe and Well,
Maverick Resort Management Team
To our Maverick Owners and Guest,
Last week Florida’s Governor announced a Phased approach to re-opening the State, with Phase 1 beginning Monday May 4th. With that Volusia County opened the Beaches to allow all activities while limiting parties to no more than 6 people and social distancing of 10 feet apart. Last night the Board of Directors voted to officially re-open the Maverick on May 23rd which will be week 21. The management and staff of the Maverick are committed to providing a safe of a place as possible to visit and work.
What does Phase 1 look like? Social distancing will be enforced, restaurants are limited to 25% occupancy for indoor dining, they can also do outdoor dining with spacing, and they can also do Delivery and takeout. Bars, theaters, hair salons, gyms (including the Maverick’s) will remain closed.
The Maverick will also be adjusting the way we do business in order to provide the safest environment for our Staff, Owners and Guest.
- We are installing plexiglass at the front desk and decals on the Floor of the lobby to practice social distancing. We also have hand sanitizing stands in the lobby and by the exit to the pool.
- Housekeeping will no longer be doing midweek cleans. They will continue to do stay over cleans but the unit will have to be free of guest.
- The laundry will not be doing linen exchanges. We will have 2 bins set up so guest can exchange pool towels on their own.
- Maintenance will not be making room calls unless it’s an emergency and/or the unit is empty.
- As I mentioned above, we are not allowed to open the gym at this time.
- Activities will be very limited and only on the pool deck such as movies and music.
- The hot tub will be limited to 2 people at a time and a 15-minute time limit.
As the state opens and begins relaxing protocols, and we move into Phase 2 and 3 we will also be relaxing our plan as well.
While the Maverick was closed, the board decided to move ahead with some projects and updating that were planned for later in the year or next year.
- We are wrapping up the Flooring project in all units with all new Vanities. Floors 2 & 3 were originally going to be done in the fall.
- We have installed a new state of the art camera system, one of which will be providing a live stream on our website of the pool deck and beach. Our Web designer is currently working through a couple of IT issues but we except that to be complete very soon. We will announce that when it is ready.
- We installed 2 new hot water reservoirs on the roof and a circulating pump to speed the process of getting hot water to the units.
- We have also installed 23 shut off valves throughout the building so we can now shut water off in sections as opposed to shutting the whole building down to work on 1 area.
- We have taken the steps and signed an agreement to modernize the mechanical equipment on the north elevator. The parts have been ordered, the work should begin in mid-August and take about 8 weeks to complete.
- We have a totally new parking lot, milled down the old and laid all new asphalt. They are painting and striping this week, we fully expect the project to wrap up by Monday of next week and we will be sending out pictures when it’s complete.
While we hated to be closed, we are ready to welcome everyone back!
We look forward to seeing everyone very soon!
Stay Safe and Well,
Maverick Resort Management Team
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we will remain practicing social distancing. Last night the Maverick Board of Directors made another tough decision to keep the resort temporarily closed thru week 20. We will reopen by week 21, May 23rd.
For deeded Owners for week 11 through 21, you will be allowed to utilize the internal exchange program and space bank for later in 2020 through 2021 and all fees will be waived.
We will miss seeing you at the resort, but we will still have someone answering the phones at home from 9am to 3pm, Monday through Friday. If after hours, please leave a message and someone will return your call or email email@example.com.
You can also find us on Facebook or visit our website for the latest updates.
We are all in this together. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies.
Stay Safe and Well,
Maverick Resort Management Team
Last night the Maverick Board of Directors made the tough decision to temporarily close the resort. This will go into effect on Saturday 3-28-2020. All in house guest must check out by noon and we will not be accepting any arrivals. The tentative date to reopen in May 2nd 2020 – week 18.
For all owners that are deeded week 11 that cancelled or made the decision not to travel out of caution: You will be allowed to utilize the internal exchange program and space bank for later in 2020 through 2021 and all fees will be waived.
For owners deeded Owners for week 12 through 17, the same will apply.
As of today there are 1227 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, and 16 confirmed cases in Volusia County. Both are increases over yesterday.
Beginning on Monday if you need to call the Resort we will have someone answering the phones at home from 9am to 3pm, Monday through Friday. If after hours, please leave a message and someone will return your call.
Please stay tuned to your email, our Facebook page and our website for updates. We will be providing them as we can and as we have them.
We will be monitoring the situation and the Board will be meeting weekly to access the situation and making any adjustments they deem necessary to the re-open date.
The Maverick Resort
The Health and safety of our Owners, Guest and Associates are a top priority, and our thoughts are with those impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID – 19) global pandemic. Since it first surfaced, our teams have been monitoring the situation closely and taking every precaution to keep our Owners, Guest, Associates and our communities safe. With the effects of the outbreak being felt each day, we wanted to reach out and share what we have been doing at the Maverick.
- Our Housekeeping Department is spending extra time in units at departure making sure all the “touch” items are cleaned and sanitized. This includes all countertops, kitchen utensils, dishware and cookware.
- Our common areas have always been cleaned daily, however we have increased the frequency in high traffic areas such as the lobby and lobby bathrooms.
- We are encouraging all Associates to take common-sense health precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, such as frequent hand washing for 20 seconds or using alcohol based hand sanitizer to stay healthy.
- And while we appreciate the incredible dedication and loyalty of our associates, we are reminding them to stay home if they are sick. The Maverick offers them options so they don’t have to worry financially.
Currently there are 29 confirmed cases is Florida, and 2 in Volusia County. Just so you are aware in case you are coming to Maverick in the next 6 to 8 weeks.
All of these safeguards are made with you – our Owners and Guest in mind. We will continue to follow guidance from health agencies and local government officials to maintain a safe Environment.
Management and Associates of the Maverick!